We are all human

You always need a little poem or a song when you feel overwhelmed and over loved.The human race is a strange breed . Here's to my not-so-little-anymore Golden,  Cooper, who is once again asleep by my side while I clank away on the keyboard. Faithfully of course.

Little do I understand, and many a times reflect
On your purpose, your abstraction of this strange humanized world we live in.
What makes you never leave my side although I have never trained you so
Stirring my energy levels,effortlessly, and watch me melt before those puppy eyes.

I can't fathom if I would be a different person if I didn't see your stupid face everyday
And regret saying that almost instantaneously because you sure are a good looker.
We just routinized your day,3 meals and 2 walks a day and yet don't hear you complain.
So whats your purpose I ask,as you snuggle yourself to sleep .
A heap of fur at my feet.
Almost as if you had life sorted out,
While us humans scamper about to save money as we take humanity for granted
Exist another 10-20 years without questioning about existence.

You are generally around me somewhere,without even looking for you.
Through good times, bad times- a silent spectator. 
Feeding off energies , instantaneously absorbing my human baggage.
Does it go a secret cosmic place inside you where you bury it deep?
Selfish that we are, as we run our fingers through the fields of golden fur looking for perhaps a lick on the nose.
Wonder what you are going through today.

Every time you bark at the neighbour's , because you hate her guts
I am quick to scold you whilst you judge me never.
What happens to all the smells and human baggage that you sniff on our walks everyday.
What do you make of us and what do you make of our lives?
I wonder 

So quick to be by my side- happy.
Never an inkling of anything negative
How do you do it ? Where do you bury it.
Do you see dreams of the future when you snuggle between my feet? 
During the many naps you take.

Looking at you from a human lens. 
Trying to humanize and understand your place between us humans. 
A dog , a furry beast that you are .
We have a long way to go 
And I have a long way to learn about you. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivation